It is with a heavy heart I announce; Altered Angel Scrapbooks will be closing our doors. It breaks my heart to shut down something that brings me so much joy, but the cruel fact is, despite my best efforts, there just aren’t enough people willing to support a Local Scrapbook Store. I thought of my shop as a boutique store where we knew each of our customers by name. Yes the big boxes offer cheaper product but I wanted to offer the latest trends and a higher quality product along with friendly service and a teaching atmosphere, in addition to forming a scrapbooking community here on the north side of town. I was very proud of the fact that my employees knew and used all the products in our store and could share their knowledge with our customers. But it just hasn’t worked out. Shopping has changed in America with the emergence of big box chains and the internet. I started this adventure in 2010 and I can no longer justify going deeper in debt for my hobby. A big thank you does go out to my loyal customers and friends/employees. You have made this journey worth the undertaking.
Local stores are where friends come together to share their passion for creating. And I do believe that local stores are the backbone of the crafting industry. Without local stores, new trends aren’t started and new ideas don’t take shape.
Here are the details:
We will be open our usual hours, Tuesday 10-2 and Wednesday– Saturday, 10-4 daily.
I am going to give you the markdown schedule right now. No guessing games. I do encourage you to shop early for the best selection. All merchandise will be discounted according to the following schedule with the exception of green tag items. Green tag items will be our decorative fixtures, furniture, display racks, demo products, etc. They will be priced as marked and not subject to further markdowns or discounts. During this period, no adjustments for previous purchases will be made.
Week 1, March 4 – March 8, 35% off
Week 2, March 10 – March 15, 45% off
Week 3, March 18 – March 22, 65% off
Our last day will be Saturday, March 22.
You might have noticed that I am not marking product down below 65%. At the 45% point, I am already loosing money. So any remaining merchandise not sold will be donated to charity. That is just how I prefer to close out the store.
Rules of the sale:
1. No holds.
2. Cash, gift cards and debit/credit cards only.
3. No checks.
4. Please come spend your gift cards. They cannot be redeemed for cash.
5. Unfortunately, we will no longer be hosting croppers. Table space will be needed for our close out sale.
6. No price adjustments will be made on previous purchases.
7. No returns will be accepted.
8. Coupons will not be accepted.
9. And please stop by to say goodbye. I truly treasure the friendships I have made at the store. Those of you who were willing and able to support us on a regular basis for our service and atmosphere “got it.” I only wish there were more of you. Thank you again for your business.